Better Wi Fi Coverage
Dual 5dBi high performance antennas with anti-interference design, to provide better Wi Fi coverage
Easy to Use
Set up your router with easy 3 step process on smartphone;
We also provide simple upgrade mechanize from your exceeded router to our new router
Triple unique ways to protect your home network from intruders
With our extreme testing procedure to ensure router can run effectively in complex environment with multi device or multi service
Functions and Features
2.1 Automatically identify internet access mode
The router can automatically identify your internet access mode. No manual operation is required.
2.2 Set device bandwidth limit (MAC QoS)
The router can set device bandwidth limit by MAC address. The bandwidth of each device connected to the router’s network can be set separately based on the specific Internet access needs of a family member
2.3 Connect to another HUAWEI router
- By pressing the Hi button, you can connect two HUAWEI routers that support HUAWEI HiLink to form a network with expanded coverage.
- You can also use an Ethernet cable to connect two HUAWEI routers that support HUAWEI HiLink to form a network with expanded coverage.
- The router can automatically sync to its primary router’s Wi-Fi settings. If you changed the Wi-Fi name, Wi-Fi password, or admin password on the primary router, the same changes will be automatically synced to the secondary router. When there are multiple routers at home, you will be automatically connected to the router with the optimal Wi-Fi network.
2.4 Connect to your old router (through wired bridge or wireless repeater mode) to form a network
- You can use an Ethernet cable to cascade HUAWEI Router WS318n to an old router and form a network. In this case, HUAWEI Router WS318n works as the secondary router.
- HUAWEI Router WS318n can also connect to your old router’s Wi-Fi as a wireless repeater. When it functions as a wireless repeater, it has the same Wi-Fi name and password as your old router. There will be only one Wi-Fi network at your home.
2.5 Ensure privacy with multiple security mechanisms
- HUAWEI Router WS318n controls Wi-Fi access and disconnects unwanted devices to prevent unauthorized access.
- It supports guest Wi-Fi. You can set up a dedicated Wi-Fi network for your guests. Guests have access to the guest Wi-Fi but cannot manage the router or access other devices on the home network. This is to protect home network and privacy security.
- You can hide your Wi-Fi name to improve the network security. If a Wi-Fi name is hidden, wireless devices (like PCs and mobile phones) cannot search for the Wi-Fi name. To connect a wireless device to a hidden Wi-Fi network, you must enter the correct Wi-Fi name.
- Associating your computer’s IP address and MAC address can effectively protect against ARP spoofing attacks. After association, attackers will be unable to use ARP spoofing techniques to steal your computer’s IP address.
- The built-in firewall can protect you from DoS/ARP attacks by scanning all data communication between the Internet and your home network.
- It supports DMZ feature that allows you to expose the DMZ host to the Internet, while other devices are protected by the firewall. For example, when setting up a server, you can set the computer connected to the external network as the DMZ host to allow it to provide Internet services while ensuring the security of other devices on your home network.
- HUAWEI Router WS318n supports PAP and CHAP for secure password transmission.
2.6 Power-saving features
- The router supports three different power plans: pass through mode (highest power) standard mode, and sleep mode (lowest power) to cater to your different needs a different time of a day and in different environments.
- Wi-Fi timer allows you to disable Wi-Fi for a specified time (such as after midnight or when you’re at work) in order to reduce power consumption.
2.7 Parental control
The parental control feature allows you to set Internet access time limits and restrict access to certain websites to keep your family members (especially minors) healthy and safe.
2.8 Router management
You can access your router’s web based management page from your computer, mobile phone or tablet. Alternatively, you can download and install HUAWEI SmartHome app on your mobile phone or tablet for faster configuration.
2.9 Other supported features
- NAT and NAPT (RFC 1631, RFC 2663, RFC 2766, and RFC 3022)
- DHCP server and clients. The DHCP server can automatically assign the IP address, gateway, and DNS.
- DDNS and DNS proxies. The router will associate its dynamic WAN IP to a fixed domain name. This allows you to use a fixed domain name to access the router’s service s over the Internet instead of having to manually check the WAN IP address of the router each time.
- Universal Plug and Play (UPnP). Computers in the LAN can request the router to automatically switch the port. This allows computers connected to the Internet to access the resources on any LAN computers (such as MSN Messenger and other apps that support UPnP protocols) when needed, allowing you to enjoy a more stable network while watching online videos or using apps to download files.